Skincare differs based on age group. With the number of products in the market today, It can be very tempting to try out everything. But one must understand that the skin requirements are different for every age group and every skin type. This post is all about the skincare routine I followed since I was 18yrs (I am 23 now). You can click the links below to buy the products.
EVERYDAY ROUTINE :
STEP 1: CLEANSER OR FACE WASH
- The best option for oily skin beauties is a gel based cleanser. Foam cleansers also work well with oily skin. The main difference between a cleanser and a face wash is that cleansers are more gentle on the skin.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It is essential to remove the dirt, sebum and impurities from the face in order to unclog the pores to prevent acne.
STEP 2: TONER
- Toner is very essential in a skincare routine as it serves multiple purposes. Toners with alcohol are of great help to people with oily skin. However, they can disrupt the skin’s natural texture.
- A good alcohol free toner can remove the excess oil without disturbing the natural oil production.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It helps reduce the excess oil production in the skin. It tightens the pores and reduces penetration of impurities into the skin. It also restores the PH and makes the skin fresh looking.
STEP 3: MOISTURISER
- The most crucial step in a skincare routine is to moisturise.
- SIGNIFICANCE: Many of us skip this step thinking the skin is already too oily and you do not want to end up looking greasy. But the truth is skipping this step, makes the skin more oilier. The skin needs moisturiser to balance the lost PH from washing/scrubbing the face.
STEP 4: SUNSCREEN
- Regardless of the age group, applying a sunscreen is must.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It slows down the process of ageing and helps prevent hyperpigmentation. Remember to apply it 20 minutes before stepping out in the skin.
TWICE / THRICE IN A WEEK ROUTINE:
- Scrubs can sometime be very harsh for the skin and can cause micro tears in the skin leading to it’s premature ageing. So, it becomes important to choose scrubs which are gentle and have spherical particles in them.
- SIGNIFICANCE: Removes the dead skin cells that build up on the skin overtime leaving fresh looking skin.
- Face masks are like mini facials done at home.
- SIGNIFICANCE: They too, help removing the impurities from the skin, restore moisture, and detoxes the skin. They also contribute to deep cleaning of the pores, leaving behind quirky clean skin.
DISCLAIMER: REGARDLESS OF AFFILIATION OR SPONSORSHIP, ALL THE OPINIONS ARE MY OWN AND PURELY UNBIASED. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SOME AFFILIATE LINKS.