Skincare differs based on age group. With the number of products in the market today, It can be very tempting to try out everything. But one must understand that the skin requirements are different for every age group and every skin type. This post is all about the skincare routine I followed since I was 18yrs (I am 23 now).
EVERYDAY ROUTINE :
STEP 1: CLEANSER OR FACE WASH
- The best option for oily skin beauties is a gel based cleanser. Foam cleansers also work well with oily skin. The main difference between a cleanser and a face wash is that cleansers are more gentle on the skin.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It is essential to remove the dirt, sebum and impurities from the face in order to unclog the pores to prevent acne.
- Himalayas neem face wash:
- Simple kind to skin refreshing facial wash gel:
- Mama Earth charcoal face wash:
- Nivea milk delights fine gram flour face wash:
STEP 2: TONER
- Toner is very essential in a skincare routine as it serves multiple purposes. Toners with alcohol are of great help to people with oily skin. However, they can disrupt the skin’s natural texture.
- A good alcohol free toner can remove the excess oil without disturbing the natural oil production.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It helps reduce the excess oil production in the skin. It tightens the pores and reduces penetration of impurities into the skin. It also restores the PH and makes the skin fresh looking.
- Innisfree Bija trouble skin
- Pixi glow tonic
- Aroma magic aromatic skin toner
- Innisfree jeju volcanic pore toner
STEP 3: MOISTURISER
- The most crucial step in a skincare routine is to moisturise.
- SIGNIFICANCE: Many of us skip this step thinking the skin is already too oily and you do not want to end up looking greasy. But the truth is skipping this step, makes the skin more oilier. The skin needs moisturiser to balance the lost PH from washing/scrubbing the face.
- L’Oréal Paris hydra fresh anti-shine icy gel
- Avene cleanance mat mattifying emulsion
- Ponds light moisturiser non oily fresh feel
- Innisfree aloe recital soothing gel
STEP 4: SUNSCREEN
- Regardless of the age group, applying a sunscreen is must.
- SIGNIFICANCE: It slows down the process of ageing and helps prevent hyperpigmentation. Remember to apply it 20 minutes before stepping out in the skin.
- Aroma magic aloe vera sunscreen gel
- Mama earth ultra light India suncreen
- Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock
- Lotus herbals safesun 3 in 1 matte looking daily sunblock
TWICE / THRICE IN A WEEK ROUTINE:
- Scrubs can sometime be very harsh for the skin and can cause micro tears in the skin leading to it’s premature ageing. So, it becomes important to choose scrubs which are gentle and have spherical particles in them.
- SIGNIFICANCE: Removes the dead skin cells that build up on the skin overtime leaving fresh looking skin.
- Himalayas herbals purifying neem facescrub
- Biotique bio papaya revitalising tan removal
- Neutrogena deep clean blackhead eliminating daily scrub
- Vlcc indian berberry face scrub
- Face masks are like mini facials done at home.
- SIGNIFICANCE: They too, help removing the impurities from the skin, restore moisture, and detoxes the skin. They also contribute to deep cleaning of the pores, leaving behind quirky clean skin.
- Innisfree jeju volcanic pore clay mask
- Wow skin science activated charcoal face mask
- Tjori sandalwood and cinnamon face pack
- Himalayas purifying neem face pack